Saturday, November 20, 2010

Countdown



The opening of the "Citytunnel" in Malmö on December 4th, 2010, will revolutionize my life.I can start commuting to work by train instead of by car.(Clicking the gadget will take you to the homepage of "Citytunneln")

When regular traffic has commenced from December 12th, I will be able to sit on a train, read my morning paper, drink my large caffe latte macciato and secretly watch other people, or to be quite honest not so much "people" as "cute and hunky men". All this instead of sitting in my car alone getting road rage or being scared to death by some of my fellow drivers.




It also means I can sleep 20 minutes longer in the mornings or arrive at work 20 minutes before my usual time...
....

About "Citytunneln"
"Citytunneln" is a communications system linking the railway north of Malmö and the railway to Trelleborg, Ystad and Copenhagen.

It also makes the railway easily accessible for a large part of central Malmö, Malmö will also be easier to access for the whole region.  

Citytunneln consists of two parallel rail tunnels under the central parts of Malmö from the main station (Malmö C) via the station Triangeln to Holma in the south. From Holma the railways go above ground to Hyllie station, and then connect to the Øresund link and railways to Ystad / Trelleborg.

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).