Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Lawyers, Makeovers & Housewarmings

Well, I am feeling a bit strange today. Nothing at all has pissed me off or irked me enough to make me rant and rally in a post. All has been just humdrum in a sort of calming way.

So I´ll just go ahead and tell you about my day in SecondLife yesterday.

First of all - just to warn you silly buggers who may try to mess with me - I retained a lawyer in SecondLife yesterday. Yeah, I know I am one myself but only a bad lawyer acts on his own behalf.

My lawyer is an American and one fierce cookie I can tell you from the start. She is totally fearless and protects my ass like a lioness protects her cubs. Hell, I even had to stop her from slamming a restraining order on some people for looking at me weirdly the other day. (Note-to-self, remember to pay her 1 L$ when you get in-world, so she doesn´t try to weasel her way out of our attorney-client relationship.)

A good part of the afternoon I spent giving Matt McMillan, nee Gaboian, a well needed makeover. Matt is an alt I use in the Tiny Empires-game. Although he is an alt of mine by some freakish accident he has turned out to be straight, the poor man. Well I started off by giving him my shape with a few minor differences and then he got new skin, new hair, new eyes and a brand new tartan. The tartan was from Elle74 Zaftig of course, nothing but the best would do!

This is what he looked like as a Linden-noob and here he is after the makeover. It´s a big improvement I think.

Later that evening I was invited to a friends housewarming party. It was Ewa Aska who had built a new house for herself, she is an awesome builder in SecondLife. The house was beautiful but the coolest thing was the dance floor, I thought, we danced over flamingos and crocodiles. You can see it here in a picture I stole from Blanche Argus´s blog (please note the capital B in Blanche).

The other guests at the party were mostly from the Tara Hill-collective, so I was left pretty much to myself except for the "Hi´s" and "Bye´s".

I had a few clarifying IMs during the party though. I managed to tell a woman I had been pissed with her but that it was passing now and also a guy that I had never been pissed with him just with a female friend of his, but that that was also passing now. And finally I managed to talk nicely with another friend whom I hadn´t met for a while, to her I was quite pleasant I think, no bitching at all - would you believe it?

There you go, parts of my day all summed up in one post, and those were the interesting parts.

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).