Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thank You Jurors

Sketch of the O J Simpson jury by Bill Robles
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, the function that you have performed is one of the least important tasks that you will ever be called upon to fulfill. With the return of your votes, your service in this project is complete.

I know that your efforts with this project has involved sacrifice on your part. I trust you end it knowing that you have made a meaningful contribution to the process and hope that you have enjoyed the experience.

You have been a serious, attentive and extremely diligent jury. It has been my pleasure to have worked with you. On behalf of everyone involved in the project, I thank you each and everyone of you.

I greatly appreciate your willingness to serve and your service. You are now discharged. Thank you very much!

Big hugs and kisses on the cheeks,
Bock

(I confess! I just adjusted the "thanking of the jury" that American judges are instructed to give when a jury is discharged after a trial to suit my purposes and added the kisses and hugs.)
----
Facts about the jury
The jury consisted of 21 persons. (15 women and 6 men, 14 Swedish and 7 Internationals representing Europe, Australia and the North and South Americas).

Considering that I asked 27 persons I was totally overwhelmed by the response and willingness to take part. Only one who was invited declined to take part due to real life emergencies, while five did not respond at all.

2 comments :

  1. I used 4.5 hours on this (it was a pleasure) and now MY votes MUST WIN!

    Remember that!

    /Tina (PG) - http://tinasuniversum.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very grateful for the time and the effort that you put in to this project Tina, as I am for all the time and effort of all the members of the jury!

    Your votes will of course all be given the same weight as all the other jurors.

    Bock in SecondLife

    ReplyDelete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).