Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Next Building Project


Ever since I first saw the wonderful work of the Swedish furniture designer Nirvan Richter, I have been in love with it. The first time was already in 1993 and - as I am never fickle in my feelings - the love still persists.

From the start this easy chair has been my biggest favorite (together with his huge cupboard), it comes in at least 1440 variations, believe it or not, and every chair is made to order. I am the happy owner of one. I remember I showed it to Ars when I bought it and he loved it also.

You can see all of Nirvan´s wonderful furniture at his company Norrgavel´s website (The website is unfortunately only in Swedish, but you can find a lot of the company´s old catalogs on the Internet with translations in English).

When The Much Honored Bock McMillan, laird of Southern Charm and prince of Cascade Falls, at a meeting of his council today declared that, "All production of candlelights will cease immediately and all my clans efforts shall instead be directed at building this easy chair for my households use and enjoyment.", I was thrilled!

With my limited building skills it will be difficult, but I am hoping this project will get me back on the building track and make me improve. I still want to make Ars proud.

P.S. Nirvan, please don´t worry, I will not be selling it! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).