Monday, July 18, 2011

W.T.F. - UPDATED

Strange things are going on in SecondLife.

Today I ran my alt Wild for the first time in a very long while. This is what he looked like on his own screen... All ruthed with boobs and a strange skin and only half of his clothes and the soles of his shoes.

I relogged and cleared caches and loaded inventory for the longest while, but still nothing changed.

Everytime I tried changing shape or skin or clothing I got the system message "Cannot change appearance until clothing and shape are loaded". Wild cannot go to appearance either.

So I left him there for two hours and then tried again and I still got the same message.



When I looked at Wild on my own screen he looked like this. As you see he is wearing his skin here, his shoes and all his clothes but the shape is all f**ked.

So you computer savvy guys and girls, what can i do to get my beautiful Wild back looking like this...

UPDATE: And after help from NE0 and Jeff we have Wild in all his unadorned beauty back! Thanks guys!

For future reference I am adding what Jeff told me here:
[11:53]  Jeff Ellsworth: (Saved Mon Jul 18 20:18:13 2011) hey Bock:)
[11:53]  Jeff Ellsworth: (Saved Mon Jul 18 20:19:28 2011) for the avatar stuck like that....try detatching everything and changing to the CHARACTER TEST avatar.....its just the boy next door av actually
[11:53]  Jeff Ellsworth: (Saved Mon Jul 18 20:20:22 2011) do this in a less populated sim like Pooley and let the inventory load before moving around
[11:53]  Jeff Ellsworth: (Saved Mon Jul 18 20:20:51 2011) then try logging out and changing to the usual av after relogging
[11:53]  Jeff Ellsworth: (Saved Mon Jul 18 20:21:13 2011) also clear caches before relogging.....might help
[11:53]  Jeff Ellsworth: (Saved Mon Jul 18 20:22:16 2011) since the av hasn't been logged in a while it may be a hud or attachment no longer compatible with the viewer or whatever
[11:53]  Jeff Ellsworth: (Saved Mon Jul 18 20:22:54 2011) so add those one at a time and look to see how the appearance reacts to it
[11:53]  Jeff Ellsworth: (Saved Mon Jul 18 20:23:47 2011) also be sure your viewer is updated fully


9 comments :

  1. I had this kind of a problem once and someone helped me but not sure just what they did. I hope someone will read this and help you. I am sure someone out there will do that. It can get very frustrating at times. Take care and I wish you luck. Just wish I could remember what to do.
    Seems part of it was to go to a sandbox and clear my cash and long off and back on there so as to get a good load. Not really sure but something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Menu + Advanced + Character + Character Test + Test Male. (after that you should be able to reload the skin and shape of your ava and it should look fine again)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY thanks NEO, I´ll try it at once! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm I did what you said NEO and got this system message:
    "Could not put on outfit.
    The outfit folder contains no clothing, body parts or attachments."

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY and with some more help from my buddy Jeff - take off everything and all the attachments too.

    I am now in the Gamer Guy outfit and will start switching back to my regular look.

    Thanks for the help everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking AVI. Glad you got it fixed the next time I have that problem maybe this will help me. At least get it started. Have a great day and love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah BIL gear with that: character test saves the day, I'm so used to it even when just textures aren't loading. BTW Wild got some HOT LEGS ... pass him my card/number, I'm sure we can be friends and I'd be pleased to help workin his body over a.n.y.t.i.m.e. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much dor the praise of both Wild and the blog, Carl, I am happy you like it!

    I wish you a great day also, Carl, and I like your blog to - so the praise is returned. ;)

    Andrey, Wild is still a virgin - he grew up in a convent after all - so I am keeping him on the home sim well away from you and all the other voracious studs of SecondLife.

    If you promise to be good I may allow him to visit with a chaperon to guard his virginity. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  9. (Voracious meeeeeeee? No lo comprendo :D)

    Bil I think we got a deal! I'll be sooooo saving the boy from all lone eager studs and protect his virginity withy my life, if needed
    trust me, he is gonna be safe!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).