Tuesday, June 9, 2015

To Mr. Kahvy Smith: "You Are Already Old!"

Yesterday I had two discussions with my friend Kahvy.
The first one occurred when I logged into SecondLife and received a gesture from him. It seems we both suffer from being married to men with the same hoarding addiction, boats.

I tried it out on my sweet hubby immediately and this is the reaction I received:
[13:48] Bock McMillan shouts: "** You don't NEED another Boat!!!**"
[13:48] Tomais Ashdene shouts: "Dream on, Monkey Boy!"

I was not at all surprised by that response, and to be quite honest, I don't really mind Tomais buying every damn boat that is put up for sale in SecondLife. Kahvy confessed feeling the same way about Garrett's hoarding. We decided that both our husbands are wonderful men and this little flaw of theirs is not much to make a fuss about.

Later, about ten minutes before midnight CET, Kahvy and my local time, Kahvy got back to me and complained that he "in ten minutes would only have a year left as a young man" because today is his 34th birthday. It seems that he lives in the erroneous belief that the official age of becoming "old" is 35.

I feel the need to correct him and perhaps also sooth him, so my birthday present is this statement.
"Kahvy, my dear friend,
Age is but a number, but always remember that ageing is mandatory but growing old is optional. You need not worry about being 35 in less than a year, because you actually have six more years until you are "old" as the official age of becoming old in the straight culture is 40. 
However, on the other hand in the gay culture, you have already been old since you turned 30 as that is the official age for turning old among us gays. Enjoy the rest of your life as an old queer and get the f-u-c-k over it!
Many happy birthday wishes, my dear old friend!"

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).