Friday, February 11, 2011

Ars + Bock = ❤

Our first kiss in public

This day a year ago, on February 12th 2010, my partner in SecondLife since more than two years made me a very happy man when he proposed to me.I of course immediately accepted the proposal.

At this time my Ars and I had been together for more than two years. We had often joked about SL-marriages, the big wedding ceremonies after only knowing one another just a few weeks followed by bitter divorces a month or so afterwards, only to be followed again by a new "true love", a new marriage and a new divorce etc. etc.

In spite of all our joking I had been contemplating "popping the question" to Ars for awhile, but hadn't yet mustered the courage to do so. Not for fear he didn't love me, but just because we had joked too much about it I guess... and what the hell, it was all going great for us even without the formalities...

This was one of our happiest days in SecondLife, little did we know at the time that Ars (or rather the real man Doug) would pass away a month later.

The picture I am using in this post is actually a snapshot of a picture that I had unfortunately deleted after mounting it on a prim. It shows another happy day, when we first went public with our love to our friends. It was taken at SSG ("the Sarcosound grounds") by Evander Milena, in November 2007.

If it had not been for Evanders so-called wife (who later turned out to in fact be his alt) Elena I am not sure I would have ever have dared to finally start talking with Ars. For that I will always be thankful to "the infamous three E´s", as we later called them. Evander, Elena and Emile were a group of alt´s that for a long time had me and my friends totally fooled.

I was imagining this post would be easy to write, because it was a happy occasion. As it turned out it stirred up many thought and emotions that made it more difficult. Nevertheless this will be a happy day, I have made up my mind.

Note-to-self: Never delete any pictures evermore, if you feel the need to remove them from your inventory box them up instead!

5 comments :

  1. LOL thanks sweet Tina, I actually hated the way my foot went up in the air on those girl-boy poseballs so I made Ars switch balls with me for another picture.

    But of course the picture where Ars foot went into the air was one of the pictures I deleted alas - he will be laughing his pants of for that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg a picture made by one of the "3Es", plus those legendary FAT TUESDAYS at SG haha, and you wouldn't believe if I tell ya I SO REMEBER this moment!!! I had to hit Ars IM box right away saying 'wohoooo you go brother' :D. Oh well BIL, on this date actually, it was the very last time me and Ars had a chat. It's on my SL profile. His last words to me. Prior to those last lines he was so happy to have partnered you at last!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah and you're right, the girlie pose for kissing was AWFUL back in the day when kissing/hug AOs were not the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I think Ars and I went a bit wild on both occasions, we were both so happy.

    Love you, BIL!

    ReplyDelete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).